- some people prefer reading to watching videos (time, Internet connection, personal preferences)
- people with hearing impairments exist
- not everyone is a native English speaker and it might make it easier for them to follow
- some people speak with strong accents, mumble (both natives and non-natives) and you might just not understand everything
- with the rising trend of designing slides for likes and retweets, slides become less informative (there’s a hashtag for that)
- it’s easier to revisit – and browse through – a blog post than a video
- I might have missed something during my talk, or might want to add something to what I said.
- it’s important for me to share my ideas and discuss them with people – I want to know other people’s approaches and opinions.
I guess that’s more or less it. What do you think?